Compare living in Colombia versus living in Mexico. Anyone have any thoughts?
Never lived in Colombia, but I have visited, my general perceptions about it when compared to Mexico are:
- Colombia is generally cheaper than Mexico. Don’t know about rent or property prices, but groceries and the likes where cheaper there than here in Mexico when I visited.
- There are a lot more people moving into Mexico from Colombia than the other way around.
- Safety situation is about the same, not as bad as cartels taking over towns, but robberies and muggings seems to be more common in Colombia.
- The food is very similar.
- A triviality, but Colombians have some expressions that took me, a Mexican, a little while to understand. Their accent is like they’re kind of singing.